Have you tried getting your children to eat vegetables until you are blue in the face, and still haven’t succeeded? Try making vegetables fun!
Ask your children to help you make these delicious mini pizzas for the whole family!
Not only will they enjoy making them, but because they have made them with their own hands they will be more likely to eat the vegetables on them too!
Top Fry cooking oil (for the tray)
200g plain flour
1 tsp sugar
½ tbsp salt
125ml warm water
100g mozzarella, half grated and half chopped
Half a pepper
Fresh tomatoes, chopped
- Heat oven to 240C/220C fan/gas 9. Pour Top Fry oil into baking tray.
- Mix the flour, ¼ tsp salt and the sugar in a bowl, then stir in the water slowly.
- Bring the mixture together, knead until smooth, cut the dough into portion sizes, roll out and place onto the oiled tray.
- Spread tomato paste over the dough until covered, leaving a thin border around the edge.
- Season the tomato paste with the remaining salt, add the mozzarella, both chopped and grated in an even layer all over the pizza.
- Add the pepper and fresh tomatoes along with any other vegetables or pre-cooked meat of your choice, and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Let your children decorate their own pizza portion in whichever way they like!
Once fun and vegetables are brought together, they will soon realize that they aren’t so bad after all!Recipe Courtesy of Top Fry Cooking Oil Find more recipes on the Top Fry Website: Click Here www.topfry.co.ke and Facebook: Top Fry Kenya