She says, most women slowly start outgrowing their usual outfits during this time. The slightly larger clothes in your wardrobe may work for a couple more weeks but very soon, it will be time to go out and purchase a few maternity pieces- especially for comfort’s sake!
You don’t need to break the bank for this if you don’t want to splurge- just get a few practical and timeless outfits that will serve you through-out your pregnancy and even beyond. This basic guideline should help you achieve this:
– Black stretch maternity trousers (official /smart casual)
– Maternity/ nursing tops (you can still wear them while nursing so it’s perfect)
– Maternity/ nursing Dresses (official/ smart casual for work or events, can also be worn while nursing)
– Black Maternity leggings
– Comfortable Innerwear
– Loose, flowing maxi maternity dress
– Maternity jeans
– Cool accessories
– Long cardigan/ waterfall sweater for layering should it get chilly
– Comfortable shoes (some women’s feet expand during pregnancy)
Of course one can get more or less than the above. Remember to look for colours and designs that complement you and your expanding body.
Black outfits can be teamed up with so many things to look different each time. Horizontal lines make you look wider so you may want to skip outfits with such prints.