The kitchen and bathroom are two of your home’s most hazardous areas, where curious toddlers can easily find attractively packaged toxic agents. To avoid preventable poisoning, keep all of these substances out of reach and in locked cabinets. Other prevention tips, include the following:
- Always label medicines carefully. This can be useful for kids old enough to read and also as a preventive measure against accidentally administering the wrong medicine to a child.
- Never take recreational or prescription drugs in front of children.
- Never call medicine “candy.”
- Always use childproof caps.
- Discourage children from putting anything except food in their mouths.