Are we there yet? You’re probably feeling like you want to get this baby the heck out of you. We’re not sure, but the impatience and discomfort many moms feel around 39 weeks (and beyond!) might be nature’s way of getting you mentally prepared for delivery. Remember how freaked out you used to be about it? Now, at week 39 you probably don’t care what you have to do, you just don’t want to be pregnant anymore!
Your baby’s the size of a watermelon!
Baby keeps growing, despite being so crowded in there. He probably weighs around 6.2 to 9.2 pounds and measures about 18.9 to 20.9 inches.
your baby at 39 weeks
- He’s probably able to flex his limbs now.
- His brain is still rapidly developing — he’s getting smarter by the week!
- His nails may extend past his fingertips.
pregnancy symptoms at 39 weeks
- False labor. Usually these pains start in the front of your body and ease up when you switch positions. You’ll know it’s real labor when they start at the top of your uterus and become more frequent.
- Water breaking. Call your doctor if you suspect yours has broken, or if you think you could be leaking amniotic fluid.
- More heartburn, hemorrhoids, pelvic pressure and trouble catching your breath.
- The urge to nest. Don’t stress though — you’ll never get everything done.
- Schedule your weekly prenatal visit at the OB.
- Watch out for early signs of labor.
- Brush up on your newborn care basics
- Pay attention to baby’s movements, and call your doc if anything is out of the ordinary.
- Go to the movies! You probably won’t have the chance for a while after baby’s born.