Around 11 weeks, you’ll probably notice some subtle changes, like an increase in vaginal discharge and a dark, vertical line appearing down the center of your belly (known as the linea nigra). It’s probably tough to feel calm right now, since your hormones are still haywire and you may still be feeling pretty nauseated. But know there’s a light at the end of the tunnel — just two more weeks left in trimester one! Week 11 is a great time to start planning a babymoon: a romantic getaway with your partner. Just about everyone recommends you do this in the second trimester, since that’s when you’ll likely feel most energized (and we doubt you’ll want to do a lot of traveling once you hit trimester three). A babymoon isn’t just a cool way to celebrate your anticipation for baby’s arrival; it’s a great way to bond with your partner before baby starts taking up a ton of your time and attention. Hey, maybe you’ll also get to relax a little! So take your mind off your queasiness and start scouting some babymoon destinations. And if you need another diversion, imagine your growing baby, doing just fine in there, becoming more and more mature every day.
your baby’s the size of a lime!
Your fetus is about 1.6 inches long, and she’s got about a 1:1 head to body ratio. She now weighs in at about .25 ounces.
your baby at 11 weeks
- You can’t see it, but she’s moving fluidly and gracefully in there.
- Her skin is see-through, but she’s on her way to looking more like a baby.
- Her fingers and toes aren’t webbed anymore.
- Tooth buds, hair follicles and nail beds are forming.
Pregnancy symptoms at 11 weeks
- Fatigue and nausea. Don’t worry, you should start to feel more like yourself soon.
- Gas (like farting and burping — sorry!) Are you getting used to it?
- Mood swings. Try some mind/body exercises, like yoga, to help you feel more Zen.
- Leg cramps, which can strike at night and interfere with your sleep.
- A dark line may have started to appear on your belly. It’s called the linea nigra and it’s totally normal during pregnancy.
- Schedule your monthly prenatal visit to the OB.
- Plan a babymoon getaway for the second trimester.
- Get some new bras and underwear, but don’t go too crazy. You’ll likely have to stock up again later on, too.