Lentil and butter nut soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks, trimmed, halved and sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled, halved and sliced
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 410g lentils, cooked
- 1 butternut, diced
- In a large pan,heat the oil. Add the leeks, carrots and butternut and cook for five minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- Pour in the stock then bring to the boil. Cover and simmer between 10 and 15 minutes until the carrots are tender.
- Stir in the lentils and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Put the mixture in a blender and blend until smooth.